Before you gleefully set your out-of-office message – don’t forget to update your holiday trading hours in your Google Business Profile. Don’t stress – it’s easy. Follow our step-by-step guide below!
How it works
You can set holiday hours if your business temporarily adjusts its hours of operation or remains closed for up to six days in a row.
You can schedule holiday opening hours for:
- Special events
- Other exceptional circumstances
It’s a good idea to confirm your hours for public holidays, even if they are the same as your regular hours. This makes it clear to customers that your holiday hours are accurate.
Set your holiday hours
Important: For holiday hours to show up on your Google Business Profile, set your opening hours to ‘Open with main hours’.
- On your computer, sign into the Google Account that you use to manage your Business Profile.
- To find your Business Profile, search on Google for your exact business name.
- Near the top, click Edit profile and then Business information.
- Near the top, click the Hours tab.
- Under Opening hours, click Holiday hours.
- Select the holiday date.
- To confirm suggested holidays: Click Review.
- To set a custom date: Click Add a date. Then, enter the date of the holiday.
- For dates that you already set holiday hours for: Scroll to the existing date.
- Update your hours.
- If you are open for the day: Tick the box next to the date. Then, enter times in ‘Opens at’ and ‘Closes at’.
- If you’re closed for the day: Untick the box next to the date.
- To add multiple sets of hours for the date: Click more (the 3 dots icon), Add hours +. Then, enter the hours.
- To delete holiday hours:
- If your business is closed: Next to the holiday, click delete (the trash icon)
- If your business is open: Next to the hours, click more (the 3 dots icon) and then delete (the trash icon)
- Click Save.
After your hours are saved, you can find them in the ‘Hours’ tab in your ‘Business information’ under ‘Holiday hours’.
We are here to help! Drop Chris a line if you need a hand updating your holiday hours.